Applications Systems Analyst
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At Adtech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, Adtech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Applications Systems Analyst to join our team in the Northern Virginia area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within Adtech.
Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
• Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
• Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
• Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
• Evaluates effectiveness. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Acts as team leader on projects.
• Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of others on the development team.
• Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
• Acts as team leader on projects.
• High School Diploma and fifteen plus years of related experience, or specialized training or, equivalent experience/academic experience, and/or a Master degree (in Computer Science or related field) with no practical experience.
• Understand Agile methodology, data services development and optimization, middle layer services, Hadoop cluster data loading, indexing, and map reduce.
• Experience working within an integrated development environment using Eclipse and Cygwin and familiarity with using various java libraries is desired.
• Experience in IT systems development and flexibility to support tasks such as: database administration, capacity planning, logging, supporting software installation, security, and optimization of processes for speed and accuracy.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired:
o Programming in Java, python, or R
o Use of build environments Apache Maven, Gradle,
o Use of Integrated Development environments ( Eclipse IDE, Cygwin, RStudio)
o Experience working in law enforcement or classified intelligence analysis environment.
• United States Citizenship and an active Secret level clearance; or the ability to obtain a Secret level clearance with the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) suitability is required.
This position will require the ability to work from either of the following addresses:
5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria VA 22315
Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20229
Herndon, VA 20171
Reston, VA 20191
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate, Equivalent Experience/Education, Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 00-02 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
Adtech, proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran,