Data Science - Machine Learning
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking highly-qualified data scientists to lead the development and delivery of
advanced, machine learning and predictive modelling solutions. Individuals experienced with
large, structured and unstructured datasets are needed to transform, analyze, and model data for
more effective decision support. Many analytical approaches are needed to support current and
future work, including: data mining, clustering analysis, pattern recognition and extraction,
automated classification and categorization, and entity resolution. These and many other
techniques will be needed to implement risk-based targeting models of national security
• Lead projects with hands-on analysis and modeling, leveraging data analysis and analytical techniques and methods to solve complex business problems.
• Perform problem domain definition, including data identification and analysis.
• Extract, aggregate, manipulate, categorize, clean, and transform data associated within an identified problem space for use in predictive modeling.
• Perform exploratory data analysis and feature generation
• Identify patterns and/or anomalies in large datasets
• Perform automated text/data classification and categorization as well as entity recognition, resolution and extraction.
• Develop algorithms; train, evaluate, and deploy predictive analytics models using machine learning methods.
• Significant experience in developing machine learning models and applying advanced analytics solutions to solve complex business problems
• Experience with unsupervised and supervised machine learning methods
• Experience processing large-scale data sets (using Hadoop, HBase, Pig, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s or Ph.D. degree (preferred) in operations research, industrial engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science/engineering, and other related technical fields or equivalent practical experience.
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
• Database and Data Management – working with large unstructured
• Object-oriented programming languages: Java, Scala
• Experience working in a team and deploying solutions in an iterative or agile software development environment is a plus
Must have a TS/SCI or TS with ability to obtain CBP Suitability