Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At Adtech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, Adtech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Database Specialist to join our team in the Northern Virginia area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within Adtech.
Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
• Support a big data environment that consists of several dozen Hadoop clustered servers and several dedicated indexing servers. Support will range from ingest and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) of external data to application of search and analytics tools.
• Apply predictive analytics to massive data sets (billions of rows, several hundred terabytes of data). Optimize processes for speed and accuracy.
• Support entity resolution, search, ontology development, network visualization, and adhoc querying in the big data environment.
• Prepares detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates, and discuss procedures for processing data through the use of data base management systems (DBMS) including relational data bases.
• Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
• Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
• Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
• Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
• Performs database programming and supports systems design; Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
High School Diploma and fifteen plus years of related experience, or specialized training or, equivalent experience/academic experience, and/or a Master degree (in Computer Science or related field) with no practical experience.
• Ability to ingest raw data, perform extraction, transformation and load and conduct data quality checks in preparation for data analysis
• Oracle database and structured query language (SQL) experience is required.
• Understand Agile methodology, data services development and optimization, middle layer services, Hadoop cluster data loading, indexing, and map reduce.
• Experience in name matching, biometrics, role matching, corporate attributes, address matching, document matching, Geotemporal analysis, pattern of life characteristics, and fuzzy logic.
• Statistics experience to derive understanding from Variance, Sensitivity, and Specificity Analysis.
• The following experiences is desirable:
o Experience working in law enforcement or classified intelligence analysis environment.
Business Objects reporting, OBIEE, 12c, and/or Oracle experience.
• United States Citizenship and an active Secret level clearance; or the ability to obtain a Secret level clearance with the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) suitability is required.
This position will require the ability to work from either of the following addresses:
5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria VA 22315
Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20229
Herndon, VA 20171
Reston, VA 20191
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related work experience.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate, Equivalent Experience/Education, Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 16-18 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 00-02 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications