Instructional Systems Designer
Adtech is looking for an Instructional Systems Designer for our client site in Alexandria, VA
• Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to create and develop videos and simulations supporting the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) application for CBP, Partner Government Agency (PGA), and the Trade Community users.
• Create the videos/simulations using a combination of the Adobe Technical Communication Suite and/or Camtasia.
• Able to create videos/simulations that convey complex ACE concepts to end-users.
• Apply Instructional Systems Design (ISD) skills in the creation of the videos/simulations.
• Design and Develop User Guides (UG) for all audience segments that communicate ACE concepts from novice to expert users.
• Apply ISD skills to UG development including the use of graphics to convey these concepts.
• Convey concepts from simple to highly complex within the document.
• Participate in Scrum teams and develop Quick Reference Guides (QRG) that provides CBP and PGA end-users with the information needed to perform difficult or infrequently used tasks.
• Apply ISD skills to make the determination about the “appropriate level of information needed to convey these concepts.
• Write Training Requirements & Plans (TRP) document that will be reviewed by government Training Branch Manager for approval to implement training solution.
• Document the training options from Instructor-led Training to virtual options and propose the optimal solution for the audience and complexity.
• Create and develop On-Line Help supporting the ACE application.
• Knowledge of Adobe Technical Communication Suite (RoboHelp) will be needed.
• On-line help content will vary from simple (text description) to complex (audio/video).
• Ability to collaborate with technical developers is required.
• Infrequent travel may be needed to provide support in a classroom environment as well as conduct system demonstrations via on-line webinars.
• Excellent writing skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience developing courseware using authoring tools to include Adobe Captivate and Camtasia
• Ability to successfully obtain a comprehensive background investigation.
• Knowledgeable of Performance Based Learning Objectives and The Kirkpatrick Model
• 4-6 years related experience
• A Bachelor s Degree in English or other related discipline and a minimum of 4 – 6 years of relevant experience
• Must be US Citizen
• Ability to obtain CBP Suitability Clearance
Location: Alexandria, VA
Requires Bachelor¿s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.