Modeling and Simulation Specialist
Adtech is seeking experienced and skilled professionals to provide Business Intelligence Support Services to assist CBP officers and border enforcement personnel in effectively and efficiently identifying cargo, individuals and conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States; conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats; develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations; and coordinate and enhance analysis and targeting efforts.
As Modeling and Simulation Specialist, the candidate for this position will provide network analysis support as part of an integrated agile team that will be responsible for using, developing, maintaining, and enhancing models, tools and software for:
• Intelligence Analysis-Counterterrorism-Network Analysis
• Predictive Modeling
• Threat Research Support
The candidate should be a specialist in modeling and simulation functions or operations such as, but not limited to exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, and instruction in the fields such as, but not limited to health, environmental, transportation, law enforcement, and security for military, and civil agencies. Supports live, constructive, or virtual training.
• Deliver network analysis for the identification and analysis of transnational criminal and terrorist organizations.
• Search and analyze data stores, convert intelligence information into relationship data, and analyze relationship data to identify communities.
• Leverage COTS and open source tools for manual exploration and automated network analysis.
• Work in teams that include intelligence analysts, data query and visualization experts to address specific analytics needs for CBP.
• Work with analysts to identify relevant information, and construct dossiers for entities with relevant information.
• Work with network visualization, and graph-based network analysis on relationship data.
• Design ways to incorporate uncertainty in relationship data for analysis.
• Prepare complete documentation validating reasoning and certainty in identified networks including both technical validation as well as briefing for CBP Officers.
• Experience with Intelligence Analysis.
• Experience with Social Network Analysis.
• Experience in community and threat Identification.
• Experience in Relationship Identification
• Experience presenting work to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience working in law enforcement or classified intelligence analysis environment.
Experience with SAS, Hadoop, Python and Big Data preferred.
• HS & 15 years of experience OR Masters & 0 years of experience
• U.S. Government DOD – Top Secret security clearance required; DHS – CBP preferred.
Clearance: Ability obtain/maintain DHS CBP Suitability. US Citizenship required
Location: This position will require ability to work from the following addresses:
5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria VA 22315
Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC
BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or equivalent. 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience using R, Matlab, Python Scikit-learn or other statistical modeling packages, with a focus on machine learning; experience with NLP a plus.
- Previous experience developing production systems for processing large volumes of structured and unstructured data in Java, Python or similar technology stack.
- Previous experience with Hadoop technology stack (Map reduce, HIVE/PIG, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong team player, capable of working collaboratively in customer teams.