Systems Analyst, Senior
Adtech is seeking experienced and skilled professionals to provide Business Intelligence Support Services to assist CBP officers and border enforcement personnel in effectively and efficiently identifying cargo, individuals, and conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States; conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats; develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence-based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations; and coordinate and enhance analysis and targeting efforts.
As Systems Analyst, the candidate for this position will provide systems analysis support as part of an integrated agile team that will be responsible using data analytics techniques to develop, maintain and enhance models, tools, and software for:
• Intelligence Analysis-Counter-terrorism-Network Analysis
• Predictive Modeling
• Entity Resolution
• Threat Research Support
• Query Support
Analyzes and develops computer systems possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business and records management functions. Develops plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion. Analyzes user interfaces, maintain hardware and software performance tuning, analyze workload and computer usage, maintain interfaces with outside systems, analyze downtimes, analyze proposed system modifications, upgrades and new COTS. Analyzes the problem and the information to be processed. Defines the problem, and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests. Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules. Coordinates with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction. Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives. Provides daily supervision and direction to support staff.
• Formulate or define system scope and objectives.
• Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Prepare detailed specifications for programs.
• Assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
• Work with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
• Formulate specifications for complex software programming applications
• Modify and maintain complex applications
• Evaluate new and existing software products from cost-effectiveness and feasibility analysis perspective
• Coordinate with the intelligence community, gather requirements, analyze the data and business logic, and work with large data sets. Prepare documentation validating reasoning, certainty, and completeness synthesized information.
• HS & 15 years of experience OR Masters & 0 years of experience
• Experience using Agile techniques to design, develop, enhance, test, debug, and implement software and troubleshoot production problems.
• Experience with Java, python
• Experience with Apache Hadoop
• Experience with build environments such as Apache Maven and Gradle
• Experience with Integrated Development environments ( Eclipse IDE, Cygwin, RStudio)
• Experience with Web Environment development
• Data profiling, data mining, cluster analysis, or statistical pattern analysis
• False positives identification for rule-based methods, pair-wise classification, clustering approaches, or probabilistic inference.
• Data visualization
• Geocoding or geomapping.
• Entity relationship ontologies
• Experience working in law enforcement or classified intelligence analysis environment.
Clearance: An active U.S. Government DOD – Top Secret security clearance required; DHS – CBP preferred.
Location: This position will require the capability to work from either of the following addresses:
5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria VA 22315
Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20229
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree