Technology Transition Subject Matter Expert
Adtech is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team in Alexandria, VA to provide exceptional support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
The Technology Transition Subject Matter Expert (SME) will provide technical expertise related to technology transition to a government customer. The SME shall have an expertise in technology transition planning; program-of-record outreach and coordination; technology assessment; state-of-the-market research; intellectual property; data rights; regulatory issues; export control; and assisting developers with commercialization, export authorization, licensing and product transition.
The Technology Transition SME will provide assistance in transitioning technologies from the research and development phase to commercialization and acquisition sustainment programs.
· Oversee and provide assistance to the government customer as well as vendors in the development and implementation of frameworks and transition pathways for research and development technologies.
· Work with vendors throughout the process of taking a technology from the developmental and prototype phase to production and deployment by the end user community.
· Develop policies and frameworks based on law, industry best practices, and acquisition approaches to monitor and communicate the transition of research and development and sustainability efforts.
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for technology development and the transfer, commercialization, and/or transition of prototype capabilities.
· Conduct market research on key technology areas to support situational awareness, develop reports on market size, growth, competitors, and the corresponding business models typical of the technology area.
· Review all technology transition plans; and identify approaches to generate new concepts and approaches to plan, evaluate, and lead major, long-range programs.
The majority of the work will be performed on government site in Alexandria, VA.
Travel will be required and can include international travel but will not typically exceed 25%.
Travel may be performed in support of program reviews, stakeholder visits, conferences, presentations, etc…
Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires 08 to 10 years of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Knowledge of the Department of Defense, Acquisition Community, and Programs of Record.
• Public Speaking and Presentation Skills are Essential to Being Successful in this Position.
Clearance Required: Active Secret (Must be Eligible to be Upgraded to a TS).
Bachelor’s Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
08-10 years w/High School Diploma