Test Engineer Associate
Adtech is seeking a Jr. Test Engineer in Crystal City to develop and administer acceptance test plans for critical new equipment. Our team is helping Customs and Border Protection procure the equipment and technology needed to keep our borders safe and secure. As the Jr. Test Engineer, one week you might be hiking in the Arizona desert to test an Agent Portable Surveillance System and see if the AI system can distinguish between a group of humans and a herd of deer. Perhaps your focus will be to develop test plans to determine the effectiveness of Ultralight Aircraft Detection Systems, in preparation for the big test next year. Regardless, you will be an essential part of our team, ensuring that highly capable equipment is purchased and delivered into the hands of our agents on the border. Join us and watch your career take flight.
- Plans and performs high-level engineering analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex solutions that require a thorough knowledge of higher mathematics, scientific, and technical skills.
- Designs and prepares engineering reports and related documentation, and devises charts and graphs to record results.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and briefings.
- Participates and assists with testing, troubleshooting and analysis tasks on various phase(s) of network systems development including integration, systems testing, interoperability testing, field test plans and customer acceptance plans to maintain the credibility/viability of the system, as directed by team lead and/or management.
- Provides support on the initial configuration and parameters of equipment for system credibility. Assists in the investigation and resolution of matters of significance in conjunction with other engineering and technical support to ensure cost effective and efficient resolution of problems.
- Assists with designing, developing, implementing and maintaining test processes and diagnostic programs for assigned projects. Works closely with team lead towards the completion of specifications and procedures for new products.
- Participates in writing test plans for assigned projects. Maintains record of test progress, documents test results, prepares reports and may present results as appropriate.
- Works with more experienced team members defining test cases, creating integration and system test scripts and configuration test questionnaires from functional requirement documentation. May be tasked with maintaining and updating defect reports following regression testing initiatives.
- May assist lead engineer/management in writing proposals to recommend process/program and follows through on implementation.
- Participates in testing, troubleshooting and analysis on the development of systems.
- Provides support in the development, implementation and maintenance of test processes and diagnostic programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or related field preferred
- Zero or more years of network testing experience
- Experience working with computer systems and their uses
- Experience working with network management and protocol system testing
- Experience working with scripting languages such as TCL, PERL, HP, etc
- Experience working with data transmission protocols such as TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with network equipment: switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI) desired
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Communication skills to interact and present findings to team members
- Attention to detail and follow through skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel
Adtech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.